Blenny nipping on my acans, never knew...

justmee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just discovered that my bi-color blenny have been nipping on my aussie acans which is causing my acans to die off... I never knew blennys were not reef safe. Anybody have problems with blennys in their reef tanks?

I was even thinking of getting a midas blenny, anybody has a midas blenny, and have problems in their reef tanks?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bicolour - never have seen it nipping on any coral at all. But they are algae eaters - any chance that he/she only have nipped for algaes around the acans and the death of them have other reasons?

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
J

justmee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bicolour - never have seen it nipping on any coral at all. But they are algae eaters - any chance that he/she only have nipped for algaes around the acans and the death of them have other reasons?

Sincerely Lasse

I have a couple of Aussie Acan colonies, the one my blenny was nipping on started to die so I placed that colony in a holding tank and it started to come back. When I took that colony out is when I started noticing that it was nipping on another acan colony. I caught my blenny, and placed the dying colony back and everything was fine. So, with that, I know it was by blenny that was nipping on my acans, and causing my acan colonies to die.

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My midas has no interest in acans... or anything else really.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back