Bloated Clown / Sores

Fishguy530

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2018
Messages
11
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Had this clown for 2-3 months now. A couple weeks ago a white spot under his right pictorial fin with some light swelling showed up. It then seemed to clear up.

I just noticed tonight that he was swimming lazily, and on close inspection found a sore again in the same spot as before, and his abdomen is very bloated. He was also really easy to catch / fitigued easily like he’s not breathing well.
Not sure what’s going on here.

I did a fresh water dip for 3-4 mins and didn’t find anything obvious (like flukes).

Impaction/constipation?
Dropsy?

I don’t know; I’m worried though. This guy is the head male in the harem - I’d be super-sad to see him go. Contemplating taking him to the vet if no one here has any ideas.

View attachment 2292723
View attachment 2292730
 
Not sure if the videos are working. :/
 
D27767E5-AB05-4903-901C-3A3E02A6BB06.png

4CDBEEA4-7CD7-49B1-ACDF-4198D2AC19B6.png

92C06C6B-0343-4210-8B3F-36063D142106.png
 
I am dealing with similar situation now. I am looking up api general cure, melafix and pimafix to see if that helps. Let me know if anythings works for you wise versa.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new