Blob with tenticles

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlurCaze
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BlurCaze

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2025
Messages
45
Reaction score
16
Location
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Discovered this in the sump today, it's somewhat aiptasia looking but being that the sump has no light, it wouldn't be an ideal spot for aiptasia?

Any idea what it could be?
Thanks 👍 😊
00a5673d-577c-429e-bd25-d3e3b254ead4.jpg


341d185b-0d83-4b1d-a5b5-b699c737de78.jpg
 
Last edited:
I say aiptasia. They can deal with very very low light insanely well. I've had them in my sump as well and they even survived in the skimmer.

If humanity nukes earth to dust and ashes roaches and aiptasia are the only things that will survive. I'm not entirely sure about roaches though.

Treating it at this spot might be a bit difficult. If you can lower the water level kalkpaste might work there. You need to get rid of the whole foot or it will regrow even from the tiniest residues.
 
Thank you all! There's access to the sump to apply aiptasia x. Done and hopefully that'll keep them away.. at least for now 😁😁
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new