Blonde naso tang

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking for any and all info for these fish please. If you have one post experiences. If you have a link that would be cool too.

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would probably start out in a 5' 120, but I also have a 8' 240 getting set up it could eventually go into.

Alisha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just searching for info on blonde nasos also! Anyone know if they are jumpers? It's says on liveaquaria to have a tight fitting lid to prevent from jumping.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^Any fish can be a jumper.

Blonde naso tangs are a gentle giant. They get huge, though, but don't grow prohibitively fast. Treating for internal parasites is a must. They'll eat algae, but aren't as big of an algae eater as most other tangs.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^Any fish can be a jumper.

Blonde naso tangs are a gentle giant. They get huge, though, but don't grow prohibitively fast. Treating for internal parasites is a must. They'll eat algae, but aren't as big of an algae eater as most other tangs.
Agree 100%. IME they seem shyer than regular naso. Beautiful fish and very docile. Not quick growers as was already mentioned but they will outgrow a 120 in a year or two depending on starting size and your feeding habits.

They can be very fragile until established. Once established, they're VERY hardy. The juveniles IME don't do as well. Very large blonde naso tend not to ship well but that could well be the supplier's poor shipping. When I worked at LFS the large show size seemed to struggle during shipping. Juveniles were very susceptible to parasites.

I'm pretty good with keeping tangs but my most recent attempts with blonde naso i had three die before my shy cow I have now. I do suspect internal parasites though and they came from Petco which was not the best vendor.

AQSstudent

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naso's (as every fish in the genus Naso) get HUGE. IMO, there's much better tangs to work with.

I've worked with some that approach 16 inches, and the 8,000 gallon display they were in didn't seem like enough room for them.

Thankfully in captivity they don't seem to get as big as Vlamingi's, but they are still a giant fish. They do stay pretty peaceful though, that double set of surgeon scalpel's on their tail seems to keep most fish at bay with relatively little physical altercation required.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naso's (as every fish in the genus Naso) get HUGE. IMO, there's much better tangs to work with.

I've worked with some that approach 16 inches, and the 8,000 gallon display they were in didn't seem like enough room for them.

Thankfully in captivity they don't seem to get as big as Vlamingi's, but they are still a giant fish. They do stay pretty peaceful though, that double set of surgeon scalpel's on their tail seems to keep most fish at bay with relatively little physical altercation required.

Carry a big stick...

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back