Blondie Naso Spot

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20210819_113013.jpg

Showed up yesterday and has gotten a little worse. It's dark around the edges but also has some white inside and around it. It's present on both sides in the same spot. Any ideas here? I dont have a large enough tank to qt it (it was supposedly QTd before arriving) and I can't treat the tank since I have rays in it that don't tolerate same meds. I could maybe try a brute and as an absolute last ditch effort I could maybe setup a very temporary tank to treat it. I run an 80uv sterilizer on a 500g tank. It's one of three fish and the only one affected. It still swims around and eats (about a 5"x5" sheet of nori daily shared with a small bird wrasse)

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll leave it to some of the more experienced on this topic because I’m not 100% however it may look like an anemone sting to me. Do you have any coral they may have stung him?

OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll leave it to some of the more experienced on this topic because I’m not 100% however it may look like an anemone sting to me. Do you have any coral they may have stung him?
Plenty of LPS but no anemones. I know lps sting each other but not aware they could affect fish in a meaningful way

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plenty of LPS but no anemones. I know lps sting each other but not aware they could affect fish in a meaningful way
My Foxface get stung by my BTA too often cause he hides behind it. Gets like a burn looking mark on him for a few days and then goes away

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 20.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back