BlondieFrags Cade 2100 Build!

Blondie Fragz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefing Community!! The Cade 2100 has arrived and I am excited to get some thoughts and feedback from the crew.
11257C4A-1F5C-4AD7-8811-ED9BB8ED8D8A.jpeg
89F3E4A5-2377-40FC-996F-0E05CE9FDE7E.jpeg

Daniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the fun begins! What are your plans for lighting and filtration?

OP
OP
Blondie Fragz

Blondie Fragz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Red Sea 750xxl had a seam split so Im transferring over a lot of what was on there. Definitely a filter roller but working through the plumbing on that now. Upgraded the skimmer to the Tunze 9430. It is AMAZING! Its a bare bottom tank so moved lots of the rock over and are housing some of that and the bio blocks.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Red Sea 750xxl had a seam split so Im transferring over a lot of what was on there. Definitely a filter roller but working through the plumbing on that now. Upgraded the skimmer to the Tunze 9430. It is AMAZING! Its a bare bottom tank so moved lots of the rock over and are housing some of that and the bio blocks.
That sucks. Was it the newer 750XXL v3 model?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
V1. It was purchased in 2019 so it about about 6 months outside the warranty.
That makes sense. It was probably lacking both the aluminum support strut and aluminum brace to support the front edge of the tank.

OP
OP
Blondie Fragz

Blondie Fragz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense. It was probably lacking both the aluminum support strut and aluminum brace to support the front edge of the tank.
According to Red Sea it had the brace and self leveling feet so it was not their problem. I disagree completely, as did my aquarium installer and floor guy. Super unfortunate and expensive to deal with.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to Red Sea it had the brace and self leveling feet so it was not their problem. I disagree completely, as did my aquarium installer and floor guy. Super unfortunate and expensive to deal with.
The v1s didn't come with the brace; is that something you retrofitted afterwards?

OP
OP
Blondie Fragz

Blondie Fragz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The v1s didn't come with the brace; is that something you retrofitted afterwards?
yeah they offered a retrofit but not sure that was effective.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

yeah they offered a retrofit but not sure that was effective.
Still, that really sucks man. Hope the new tank goes off without a hitch.

OP
OP
Blondie Fragz

Blondie Fragz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cade actually has a bunch of removable boxes for bio balls, etc so I took some of those that were seeded from my old tank. The new skimmer is a Tunze. Big sucker and sooo easy!! Even has a side filter bag for carbon/GFO. Still working on the filter roller because I cannot find the right adapter to make it fit.

OP
OP
Blondie Fragz

Blondie Fragz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to see what people’s thoughts are out there. There are currently XR30s and T5s from the old tank but we need more light. Tons of research has been done on halides, Orphek, ReeFi, etc etc. Whats your fav and why? Tank depth is about 26 inches, width 26 inches of workable space (ATO built into the back) and 83 inches long. Mixed reef so we have LOTS of light loving acros.

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to see what people’s thoughts are out there. There are currently XR30s and T5s from the old tank but we need more light. Tons of research has been done on halides, Orphek, ReeFi, etc etc. Whats your fav and why? Tank depth is about 26 inches, width 26 inches of workable space (ATO built into the back) and 83 inches long. Mixed reef so we have LOTS of light loving acros.
Halide/T5 combo or Halide/LED supplemental like Reefbrite makes. I like halide/T5 because they time tested and proven and you can get parts/bulbs when they wear out without having to spend thousands replacing LED fixtures that are no longer supported by the mfgr who wants you to buy their latest and greatest. you also get real shimmer and no disco ball effect.

OP
OP
Blondie Fragz

Blondie Fragz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Halide/T5 combo or Halide/LED supplemental like Reefbrite makes. I like halide/T5 because they time tested and proven and you can get parts/bulbs when they wear out without having to spend thousands replacing LED fixtures that are no longer supported by the mfgr who wants you to buy their latest and greatest. you also get real shimmer and no disco ball effect.
Yeah are really leaning towards the halide reefbrite combo. Seems to be the tried and true method. And I just listened a stream from Deven at ReefDudes and Chris at ACI today and it was crazy!!!! Sounds like there may be some science around STN and how haldies can kill some of the bacteria that may cause it. Sounds like having UV is the way to go for overall health.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back