BlondieFrags Cade 2100 Build!

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am following along. Sorry I won't be able to offer advice. I am currently looking at getting this tank with a white stand. Though I really like the black also. Maybe I need both! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Shelley

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any udates on the build? What fish did you save from the RedSea? I would be devastated if I lost my fish. So sorry this happened to you.

Shell

OP
OP
Blondie Fragz

Blondie Fragz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for checking in. We were able to save MOST of the fish from one tank to the other. The issue came in setting up the new tank. We lost 2 fish moving over from the temporary tank to the new tank. I think the stress of moving all the rocks, etc was just too much. Then we had a small ammonia spike in the new setup and lost two more.

We are pretty well stocked but always keep an eye out for any wrasses that may work or adding to “harems” that lost their buddies. Im down to one dart fish. Lost a spotted anthias who left a friend behind (seems a little lonely).

Blue face koi tang
Gem tang
Sailfin tang
Powder blue tang
Foxface
Purple tang
Copperband
2 pyramid butterflies
Angel fish
China wrasses
Purple queen anthias
Lyretail anthias
Stocky anthias
Spotted anthias
Starry blenny
Molly miller blenny
3 clowns (all different variations)
Dart fish

And honestly, I have others that I cannot remember the names of. A couple more wrasse, another anthias.

Losing fish is heartbreaking!!

OP
OP
Blondie Fragz

Blondie Fragz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am following along. Sorry I won't be able to offer advice. I am currently looking at getting this tank with a white stand. Though I really like the black also. Maybe I need both! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Shelley
So… one thing that kills me is most of the lights are sold in black so if you want ease of matching everything, black is nice. We got the halide hybrid fixtures and pulled them apart to paint them white.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So… one thing that kills me is most of the lights are sold in black so if you want ease of matching everything, black is nice. We got the halide hybrid fixtures and pulled them apart to paint them white.
I so did not even consider that! Thanks for the warning.

That is a lot of fish. I only have about 4 small ones, a white tail bristle tooth tang, Pyramid and 2 regal angels. Always afraid of aggression. So glad you were able to save so many.

Shelley

OP
OP
Blondie Fragz

Blondie Fragz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I so did not even consider that! Thanks for the warning.

That is a lot of fish. I only have about 4 small ones, a white tail bristle tooth tang, Pyramid and 2 regal angels. Always afraid of aggression. So glad you were able to save so many.

Shelley
Yes!! It has been a delicate dance to have that many fish. We use a lot of mirrors when we add new fish or when we see aggression happening. Five below and the dollar store have GREAT finds for fish tank accessories. I get my mirrors from there.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I live in the middle of nowhere I generally order everything. I am going to Colorado this Friday. Might pick up something. I want a spotted dragonette. The little green guys are beautiful. I would love to have more fish. What temporary setup did you use for that many fish?

Thanks,
Shelley

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 68 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 62 27.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 47 21.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 20.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back