blu ray player owners?

greystreet41

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
275
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all, what should I look for on a blu ray player and should I consider a pre-owned one from ebay to save a few bucks?
thanks,
casey
 
I've been using the ps3 for quite awhile now. I works just fine. There are a few dual format machines out there and more on the way. That's what I'll be doing this xmas. I alway do new so I have someone to yell at if something goes wrong.
 
Oh yea, if your tv is 1080p go new. If it's 1080i or lower go ahead and get used. Used will be enough to hold you over until you get the better display. IMO. Electronics, the other money pit.
 
thanks bud...what about the HDMI cables??? I see ones on ebay for a few bux? What gives there? Link me to a good/cheap one if ya can. :)
 
originally i was planning on getting a ps3 for the blu ray but i just found out about these dual format players which i think right now is the only way to go because some movies dont come in both formats yet
like transformers is only in hddvd and spiderman3 is only in bluray
 
I think a PS3 would be your best bet for a blu ray player and as for hdmi cable it doesn't matter which one you get as they will serve the same purpose. For the cable, I bought mine from monoprice.com. You can read more about blu ray and such on www.avsforum.com. That was the site I used to help me jump into HDTV.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new