Yet another lighting question.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ziggy17
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ziggy17

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2023
Messages
1,607
Reaction score
1,429
Location
Gotham
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
almost finished my WB 150.4 build. Here’s the lighting question. Dims 48x25x21

I have 2 Radion xr15 G5 blue on a bar. I bought these second hand for a great price. I don’t think this will be enough coverage for a mixed reef that I’d like to add more sticks to. Should I buy one more XR 15, but this time a pro, and place it in the middle or the two blu, or should I buy a XR 30 pro and it in the middle? Alternatively I have a AI Hydra 32 that I can place in the middle, which saves me from buying another light.

Thanks for the help.
 
Would really need to know what corals your after and a par meter to determine. I have 5 xr15 and ai blades over a 120x30x25h hi and can tell you at max with just the pros. I was maybe just pushing 200 at the top of my rock work. Though my rock does not go up more then 60% of the the height of the tank. If yours does your be able to push in the low 300 in some stops with just 2.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new