Blue acro / red polyp ID Please

Alfie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all

Looking for a little help with the id of this one if possible. Hopefully the photos are good enough. It is Blue/ purple with bright red polyps. Ive had this for over a year and came to me as a sub nub lol literally a couple of polyps and is now about 1.5" across.

Anyway it would be great if someone could offer an id, common name and species. Closest i have come to on Google is R66 Purple hearts Acropora Route edition Route 66, obviously a name created by a farm but as I am in the UK it is unlikely from them.

Anyway, any thoughts would be great to hear

Cheers!

ALFI0627.JPG ALFI0628.JPG

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all

Looking for a little help with the id of this one if possible. Hopefully the photos are good enough. It is Blue/ purple with bright red polyps. Ive had this for over a year and came to me as a sub nub lol literally a couple of polyps and is now about 1.5" across.

Anyway it would be great if someone could offer an id, common name and species. Closest i have come to on Google is R66 Purple hearts Acropora Route edition Route 66, obviously a name created by a farm but as I am in the UK it is unlikely from them.

Anyway, any thoughts would be great to hear

Cheers!

ALFI0627.JPG ALFI0628.JPG
Maybe send a frag to me so I can take a closer look!
Stunning!

OP
OP
Alfie

Alfie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s the Alfie Cotton Candy
lol, to be honest im not so bothered with the common names :D. I think every coral out there have multiple names anyway, would be nice to know though especially as I cant find anything much like this and I have replicated the colours pretty accurately I think :drooling-face:

sculpin01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The donei acros that are imported here are usually shades of pink, purple, blue, or mauve, with purple being the most common and often with contrasting polyps and occasional green shading.

OP
OP
Alfie

Alfie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The donei acros that are imported here are usually shades of pink, purple, blue, or mauve, with purple being the most common and often with contrasting polyps and occasional green shading.

Thanks for the info. Ive had this for just over a year, when i first got it it was a blue tinge with red polyps but like i said earlier it was ver very small frag. Lets see how it progresses. Ironically after asking the question here I watched an ozzie channel on youtube and they actually showed a donei that had been wild caught and was very much like mine. Im hoping it holds the colour

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back