Blue Chromis nipping at Zoas?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wutang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wutang

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2018
Messages
52
Reaction score
28
Location
Long Island, New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone run into this issue before?

I have couple tangs, yellow wrasses that eat around my live rock and frags but never seen them eat zoas. I've noticed my Blue Chromis eating my Zoas on my frag rack. Any input?
 
That would be odd.

Other damsels will pick at pests on corals, but chromis are plankton eaters.

Zoas are famous for pests, so maybe the chromis are picking at bugs?
 
Thats what i thought too. I've definitely caught him in eating couple zoas frags. I've been trying to catch him but he's too small and fast.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new