Blue clove polyps

tank of gems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a small frag of blue clove polyps. And now ot has spreaded everywhere covering my rocks etc, and around my acros etc. Its driving me nuts pf how bad it spreaded. I tried to syphon or scrape it off but it comes right back after a few days or so. So I started to do some research and found someone had used Fenbendazole. So I read the thread numerous times. So my question is will this stuff harm or kill my sps, bounce mushrooms, jaw breakers etc which I have a bunch of high end corals. Any help or info would be great

bigdrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Care to mail me a frag? I’ll pay for shipping, especially if you are just trying to get rid of it!

With respect to disposal, one solution that I’ve seen is people just take the rocks out that have it on it and let them dry, one by one, for a week or more. This assumes the rocks don’t have other corals on them. Just need to pay attention to ammonia spikes and so forth when returning the rock to the display, so do it one rock at a time and make sure to rinse with RO water.

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Care to mail me a frag? I’ll pay for shipping, especially if you are just trying to get rid of it!

With respect to disposal, one solution that I’ve seen is people just take the rocks out that have it on it and let them dry, one by one, for a week or more. This assumes the rocks don’t have other corals on them. Just need to pay attention to ammonia spikes and so forth when returning the rock to the display, so do it one rock at a time and make sure to rinse with RO water.

This isnt sympodium, I think OP is referring to sarcothelia. You dont want sarcothelia.

I agree with your eradication method though, sarcothelia is incredibly resilient and hard to get rid of without going to extremes

OP
OP
tank of gems

tank of gems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opened

15729147003805452752952974368961.jpg

OP
OP
tank of gems

tank of gems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a massive colony of the poccilopora and small spots in multiple areas. So any ideas on how to get rid of it

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a massive colony of the poccilopora and small spots in multiple areas. So any ideas on how to get rid of it

Man, you just have all the pest corals ! lol, sorry man, but with the sarcothelia, other than removing the rock its on, I'm not sure what to tell you, that stuff is like cancer.

As far as poccilopora damicornis control goes, I have had the best luck with epoxying over there new little starts.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like sarcothelia to me and wow it looks like its choking out die hard poccilopora, that's pretty bad.
It appears this is a common mistake made in ID of blue sympodium, I'm guilty of it as well. Thanks for the heads up, love learning new things @C. Eymann

OP
OP
tank of gems

tank of gems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does look ok but i would like to spread my acros everywhere on my rocks

OP
OP
tank of gems

tank of gems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so does anyone know if any fish such as butterflies or any that would eat it

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the Fenbendazole treatment about 5 years ago for these pest. I lost no sps,Lps or fish. You might want remove your cleanup crew as it stunned my snails for a few hours. I had no softies or nems at the time so can't speak to them.

OP
OP
tank of gems

tank of gems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i looked up the Fenbendazole and is it the fish Fenbendazole or something different when i googled it

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back