Blue Dot Jawfish With Diamond Goby?

Paranoiattack91

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2014
Messages
274
Reaction score
102
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 180 gallon with a canopy with a medium diamond goby in it. I know the tank is plenty large, but I am curious if I would be ok adding a blue dot jawfish since they are both bottom dwelling sand sifters?
 
Also have a Sailfin tang, blue tang, clownfish, and a yellow corris wrasse in there, but I do not suspect them to show any aggression towards a blue dot jawfish
 
I have a diamond back goby and a sleeper blue dot goby in a 100 gallon tank and they get along fine. The Blue Dot Jaw fish is a pretty fish! I plan on getting one in the future.
 
Keep in mind that the Jawfish likes temps in the lower 70's and tends not to thrive at the same temps as the other fish you have.
To me, 65 to 70 is slightly better for them since they are cold water fish - Catalinas are similar in temperature preference.
 
That is news to me. Liveaquaria lists a recommendation of 72-78 degrees as the recommended temp range
For most other jawfish that would be okay - Yellow head, Red, Dusky jawfish ect.. but the blue spot is different and prefers a cold water tank longterm
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new