Blue Dotted Jawfish Questions

Al Shellpone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I eventually I want to get a Blue Dotted Jawfish. I've done a ton of research, read of bunch of post on this forum and have watched alot of youtube videos. After all this I'm still a little confused if my fluval 32.5g Flex can support a Blue Dotted Jawfish. I only have 2inch(2 1/2inchies in some places and only 11/2 inches in some corners) of sand. My temperature hovers around 76-77F(my first summer with this tank is about to happen) I'm including a picture of my tank underneath. Also only have 2 clownfish and cuc as of right now. Is there anything I can add to support a blue dotted jawfish? Maybe more rocks or maybe add more sand? I am in no rush since my tank is fairly new (a little over 2 months)and don't plan on getting the jawfish anytime soon. I would like to start getting my tank ready for a jawfish if its feasible. Also would not be devastated if you all told me to get a goby instead. Thank you for any responses!

IMG_0156.jpg IMG_0155.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Should do fine. Provide hiding and caves and They Are Jumpers. Very hardy and can be territorial towards other bottom dwellers

Upvote 0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 62 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.4%
Back