Blue hippo tang not pooping?

huckjai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers,
My Hawaiian blue hippo tang has been in QT for 3 weeks now. TTM and treated with Metro and Prazi just in case. It is eating very well and swims around the tank when no one is near.

I have yet to notice any poop at all from it. Is it eating its own poop? Or is it just not pooping because of internal parasites? TIA.

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you actively observing your fish or are you just looking at the bottom of the tank? If it's the later I think you'll have a pretty hard time seeing poop. If you actively are observing your fish and you notice no poop whatsoever then their might be an issue like constipation or parasites. Tbh I don't think I have heard of a parasite stopping a fish from pooping so someone else could fill in.

Also I'm assuming if you're treating with prazi and metro using the ttm that you're using prepared food which would kill most parasites you'll come across if the fish is eating.

OP
OP
H

huckjai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you actively observing your fish or are you just looking at the bottom of the tank? If it's the later I think you'll have a pretty hard time seeing poop. If you actively are observing your fish and you notice no poop whatsoever then their might be an issue like constipation or parasites. Tbh I don't think I have heard of a parasite stopping a fish from pooping so someone else could fill in.

Also I'm assuming if you're treating with prazi and metro using the ttm that you're using prepared food which would kill most parasites you'll come across if the fish is eating.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I have been so busy and I haven't had time to actively observe.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back