Blue hippo vs flame angel

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After waiting almost 3 weeks for live aquaria to deliver it my flame angel finally arrived…way smaller then I thought but my blue hippo keeps him hidden most of the day …first day it was chasing him …the blue hippo has been in this tank for a year so maybe he’s just showing who’s boss ? Day 3 now the chasing stopped but once he crosses paths he still messes with him…the whole point was to get a flame big enough to match her but live aquaria is messed up these days …will dory stop the bs or probably not ?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Size of tank? Plenty of hiding spaces? Those are the 2 biggest factors in the question/solution

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After waiting almost 3 weeks for live aquaria to deliver it my flame angel finally arrived…way smaller then I thought but my blue hippo keeps him hidden most of the day …first day it was chasing him …the blue hippo has been in this tank for a year so maybe he’s just showing who’s boss ? Day 3 now the chasing stopped but once he crosses paths he still messes with him…the whole point was to get a flame big enough to match her but live aquaria is messed up these days …will dory stop the bs or probably not ?
What’s the size of the tank. Maybe you could net both fish out and put them in another environment where no one is used to and that may help. People do this a lot with Tangs. There are YouTube videos you can see about them. I’m guessing you could add them back to the tank after a few days and then see how they both respond

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hippo should show no interest in angel, unless like some one else said, tank is to small. I have a hippo tang in my 400 gallon tank, and she took over about half of aquascape as her home, and kicks other tangs who hoes in her hiding spots. Try moving things around in tank, it might help

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hippo and flame angel and they could care less about each other. My angel does mess with my 6 line wrasse and clowns a bit in a playful manner but thats about it.
My hippo and sailfin tangs are the alphas in the tank. Once my foxface gets bigger then he will be a bigger player in the game.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back