Blue jaw triggerfish questions

Solasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a 300 gallon tank and I have two questions about the blue jaw trigger. Right now, I have a small flasher wrasse and one lyretail anthias. Could I add a blue jaw triggerfish right now, or would he be aggressive towards later arrivals? My biggest worry is future purchases of biota yellow tangs and a regal angel. Finally, do they do better in pairs or can a single male live happy?

Thanks

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a single Male for at least six months. He seems very happy. Hasn't been aggressive at all, but I added him and a Male Lyertail last.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a 300 gallon tank and I have two questions about the blue jaw trigger. Right now, I have a small flasher wrasse and one lyretail anthias. Could I add a blue jaw triggerfish right now, or would he be aggressive towards later arrivals? My biggest worry is future purchases of biota yellow tangs and a regal angel. Finally, do they do better in pairs or can a single male live happy?

Thanks
Ive got a niger and clown trigger in my tank with lyertail anthias and have added fish since getting them no issues. My clown is a baby but my niger is pretty good size

Joj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blue jaw pair and added numerous fishes (large and small) after them and they don’t even bat an eye at those new additions. They are super chill. My other clown and pink tail trigger also don’t care about new additions either. My tangs and angels on the other hand will give them a few hours of initiation rites to their new home.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blue jaw pair and added numerous fishes (large and small) after them and they don’t even bat an eye at those new additions. They are super chill. My other clown and pink tail trigger also don’t care about new additions either. My tangs and angels on the other hand will give them a few hours of initiation rites to their new home.
Oh yeah my purple and yellow tang are terrors to new editions! How big is your clown trigger, and is it psycho like everyone says? Mine is just a little bigger than a quarter now and Im super attached to her!

Joj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my clown trigger under two inches over two years ago. Now is about 5.5” now. Still super chill. Doesn’t bother any fishes (since he knows he’s the boss). Hopefully stays this way with his tank mates since he grew up with them. Is a pig and eats everything including nori with gusto!

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have a blue throat in my 110g with a large Niger trigger and a desjardini tang, a pair of clowns and 2 wrasse. I have no issues with anyone, except my niger, he's a bit pushy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back