Blue leg crabs

  • Thread starter Thread starter scouncil
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have quite a few extra shells of various sizes as well. let me know if you need any, I am out in Ooltewah.
 
Hi all, I'm planning on going with ~40 hermits once the full clean up crew is installed, so I'm thinking around 20 extra shells? I got some from...That place on E Brainerd, can't remember name. I could use about 10-15 more if anyone can spare, else I'll go to liveaquaria.
 
At the suggestion of one of my lfs's, I went to AC Moore and picked up a few bags of decorative shells at, I think, $3.99 a bag. There were a lot in the bags that are obviously unusable by a hermit crab but there were some that were perfect.
 
Great, ty all for the suggestions. Oh, and Ironman, to answer your earlier inquiry. I too have read lots of posts against the use of crabs, simply because, if given the chance, they'll eat snails, shrimp, fish, and corals.
But that wasn't enough to steer me away. I think crabs are cool looking, and I'm willing to deal with a little aggression management (towards the crabs).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new