Blue Legged Hermit sluggish..?

SuperReefNoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This past Saturday i picked up some new friends for my 40b which included an awesome blue legged hermit, acclimated him and set him loose and he cruised around very slowly until Sunday around noon he kind of retreated to the back of the tank in a cave and hasnt moved an inch since....i saw him eat last night but not at all today, should i be concerned?

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This past Saturday i picked up some new friends for my 40b which included an awesome blue legged hermit, acclimated him and set him loose and he cruised around very slowly until Sunday around noon he kind of retreated to the back of the tank in a cave and hasnt moved an inch since....i saw him eat last night but not at all today, should i be concerned?
Sometimes it can take inverts a few days to adjust. Just keep an eye on him.

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He could be molting. If you see him and he looks dead, leave him alone, it can be difficult to tell the difference.

Edit: do you have extra shell for him?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SuperReefNoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He could be molting. If you see him and he looks dead, leave him alone, it can be difficult to tell the difference.

Edit: do you have extra shell for him?

I have about half dozen different shells i picked up yesterday but havnt put them in yet..should they be washed/dipped/boiled before i put them in the tank?

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about half dozen different shells i picked up yesterday but havnt put them in yet..should they be washed/dipped/boiled before i put them in the tank?
It’s up to you to decide if you want to clean them. If they are not dirty, I would just rinse them off in ro water. If they are dirty, you can wash, dip, boil or soak in a bleach solution then use a dechlorinator. Again it is up to you and what makes you feel safe.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back