blue light filter recommendation for a Nikon D80

  • Thread starter Thread starter mfinn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
14,332
Reaction score
11,300
Location
Olympia, WA.
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I am not happy at all with my Samsung S20 Ultra pictures even with a orphek lens kit.
So this morning I charged up the battery for my Nikon D80 that I bought 10-12 years ago.
I used to be able to get ok pictures with it just using auto mode. But one of the reasons I gave it up was the led blue light that just messes everything up.
So can anyone tell me which filter ( yellow or orange ) and adapter I need to get for this camera?
I'm just using the lens that came with it, ED 18-55mm
 
I am not happy at all with my Samsung S20 Ultra pictures even with a orphek lens kit.
So this morning I charged up the battery for my Nikon D80 that I bought 10-12 years ago.
I used to be able to get ok pictures with it just using auto mode. But one of the reasons I gave it up was the led blue light that just messes everything up.
So can anyone tell me which filter ( yellow or orange ) and adapter I need to get for this camera?
I'm just using the lens that came with it, ED 18-55mm
Do you have the pro camera option on the S20?
I have the 21 and the standard camera has a rubbish AWB but under the Pro Camera option you have a slider to do custom WB. This works pretty well
 
Do you have the pro camera option on the S20?
I have the 21 and the standard camera has a rubbish AWB but under the Pro Camera option you have a slider to do custom WB. This works pretty well
Heres that pro option with my s21 ultra vs the orphek lens kit....its good but the lens is better :)
20211222_164900.jpg
20211222_170209.jpg


Btw this orphek lens kit fits 52mm DSLR camera....its what i use for the galaxy s21 ultra.

Amazon product ASIN B09J1GS88S
 
Do you have the pro camera option on the S20?
I have the 21 and the standard camera has a rubbish AWB but under the Pro Camera option you have a slider to do custom WB. This works pretty well
I'm just unhappy with the quality of pictures this camera takes. It's not really anything to do with WB. The pictures just are not clear and focused.
My previous phone cameras seemed to do a ok job, I guess. But not anything like I used to be able to take with this D80 and before that ( my favorite Nikon 8700 and the software it had)
 
Do you have the pro camera option on the S20?
I have the 21 and the standard camera has a rubbish AWB but under the Pro Camera option you have a slider to do custom WB. This works pretty well
I looked in the menu and I did find the Pro feature and took a couple pictures and you are right, it does make a difference.
I still would like to give the D80 a try.
 
I'm just unhappy with the quality of pictures this camera takes. It's not really anything to do with WB. The pictures just are not clear and focused.
My previous phone cameras seemed to do a ok job, I guess. But not anything like I used to be able to take with this D80 and before that ( my favorite Nikon 8700 and the software it had)
80D V a phone camera?
 
You can try bumping up the WB on the D80 and also incorporate a Tiffen filter (85B). Watch the prices on the Tiffen...you should be able to get one for <= $30 or so. I think I got mine at Adorama. Good luck!
 
You can try bumping up the WB on the D80 and also incorporate a Tiffen filter (85B). Watch the prices on the Tiffen...you should be able to get one for <= $30 or so. I think I got mine at Adorama. Good luck!
fits on the standard D80 lens?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new