Blue Poka dot Stingray

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2023
Messages
1,004
Reaction score
552
Location
Aussie
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If ever owned or had a chance to what’s your adobe to anyone looking to house a stingray?

I’m looking to pick one up tomorrow to house in my lagoon tank. Beautiful creatures but would hate for me to make a mistake as they are not your average salt water fish
 
I've seen them in the wild...they get HUGE!
 
I haven’t researched max size yet maybe I should worry about growth rate first
If they're already 24" I'd be concerned that they're already way too large (probably adults) for a 250-gallon. More than the size of the tank is the width (24"-36") and length (72"-84"), and the recommendation is 300-gallons (minimum) for adults.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new