Blue Reef Chromis splotches

clsanchez77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the loss. My two were moved to the DT Jun 17 as per above. They still swim together. The markings in the scales are still there and I will try to photograph them for comparison, but as hard as it was to capture in a QT, its outright impossible in the DT. The one thing I have going for me as I have trained them to eat food out of a cup ;Clown. I am thinking that if I used a bigger cup, I might be able to trap them by hand. :cool:

An interesting observation is that each night when my HO's turn off and my LED's enter the last phase of my twighlight programming, the chromis start this unique routine. I cannot determine if it's mating or bull fighting :D. The will eye each other and swim circles around each other in a race to cut each other off. This goes on each night for about 20 minutes. I also I have strong blue & green LED script for my moon phase and now the moon phase is overpowering my twighlight phase and this behavior has stopped. In another week, the moon and twilight phases will be out of sync and it will be interesting to see if this resumes. The behavior is not disrupted by feeding, the other fish or even my presense. Talk about OCD!:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Best Fish-Jake

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final update: largest chromis killed off the 2nd, I then added the final BRC to my already fully stocked 30g.

clsanchez77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang.

My two are still co-existing in the main tank. During the day, they swim together and feed together. But in the evening, they ram each other like goats! Then they seek shelter in the rocks and start anew the next day. It is interesting to watch for certain. I did not have this issue before with 7 and they lasted nearly 3 years. I think 2 is too few. I may remove them and re-QT with a new batch of chromis, but I'm stuck on the old saying about a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chromis damsels are like the Highlander, there can be only one. ;Smuggrin

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back