Blue Solomon Tree Appearance Concern

RYcube2951

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2020
Messages
205
Reaction score
60
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20201028_173949.jpg
Please notice the brown colored band around the base of my Blue Solomon Tree coral. Does anyone have this kind of coral and know if the band is normal?
 
20201028_173949.jpg
Please notice the brown colored band around the base of my Blue Solomon Tree coral. Does anyone have this kind of coral and know if the band is normal?
Pretty sure it's a Kenya tree leather. If it feels like leather that would confirm. Of kenya trees I've had in the past all have had this band and I'm still not sure what it is but it doesnt seem to bother the coral.

I like the black sand btw looks neat.
 
Upon looking up the name you posted it seems to be a variation of Kenya tree.
 
Brandon. Thanks for your reply and the compliment. I got it from Cultivated Reef and they call it a Blue Solomon Tree. Yes, a type of Kenya tree sounds right. I think I will dip the coral then keep an eye on it to see if the band gets larger. Otherwise, the coral seems to be fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new