Blue spotted puffer question on half shell clam?

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want a blue spotted puffer and in research....I have a question. When people say feed "half shelled clams?" Or squid or shrimp.... Is that like goto a grocery story and buy 2 to 3 clams. Cut in half with the meat and just drop it in tank? Once or twice a week? Don't laugh at this part. Is the clam I get just the regular clams I would cook to eat? Freshwater? I don't know which is why I'm asking. After I get them and cut n half can I freeze them and use later? Like buy a dozen.. and freeze after cutting in Half? . If so,, can I just drop the frozen half in or should it thaw? Thank u for your experience....

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes clams at the market are good and you can freeze them, I thaw them out but some just drop them in frozen. Some say keeping them frozen may help with their teeth. I just wouldn't want to eat frozen food, so I treat my fish the same. The lfs also has clams and scallop on the half shell, but it is much cheaper at the human market.

Oh yeah...raw

OP
OP
-XENOMORPH-

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes clams at the market are good and you can freeze them, I thaw them out but some just drop them in frozen. Some say keeping them frozen may help with their teeth. I just wouldn't want to eat frozen food, so I treat my fish the same. The lfs also has clams and scallop on the half shell, but it is much cheaper at the human market.

Oh yeah...raw
Thanku

ChandlerTingle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oh yeah...raw
How long do you let them thaw out?

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want a blue spotted puffer and in research....I have a question. When people say feed "half shelled clams?" Or squid or shrimp.... Is that like goto a grocery story and buy 2 to 3 clams. Cut in half with the meat and just drop it in tank? Once or twice a week? Don't laugh at this part. Is the clam I get just the regular clams I would cook to eat? Freshwater? I don't know which is why I'm asking. After I get them and cut n half can I freeze them and use later? Like buy a dozen.. and freeze after cutting in Half? . If so,, can I just drop the frozen half in or should it thaw? Thank u for your experience....

Until they're not frozen..

I buy little necks. Easier to open than steamers and more meat. You can peel the top shell off with your hands.

I usually thaw in a mug (the leak alot of water) for like an hour. If you want to hasten the results, put some tank water in the mug.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back