Blue SPotted Watchman Gobi for new tank?

zoechance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I am going from a FOWLR to a reef tank. I have a 90g tank cycling as we speak. it has 2 inches of nice sand substrate so all can be nice for my goby. I call him Big Boy cause he is a big 1 and very healthy. My question is; when my tank has cycled, really cycled.. LOL I am in no rush... being that it will be a reef tank do you think he/she will just decimate my sand of critters beneficial to a reef tank like pods and things? or do they primarily eat the stuff I feed the tank and I should not be too worried about this? I hope he will be ok for transfer cause I will also get him a little shrimp buddy. If not so good then I will find him a nice new home.
thanks for any advice!

mayday610

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Zoechance, I wouldn't worry about transfering your goby over. What size tank is it in now out of curiousity? A 90 gallon tank with sand and plenty of live rock is plenty of habitat for the pods and sand critters to hide and live in. Even if you don't see any signs of life during the light cycle, you will be amazed what you will see climbing all over everything at night with a flashlight! If your goby is eating food you feed now, then it will be doing the same thing when you transfer it over to the reef tank. Also, if you are going to get him a shrimp buddy, chances are he won't be hunting all over your tank whipeing out your critters! :) I would have no worries my friend.

OP
OP
Z

zoechance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi mayday610! thanks for that friendly reply. All the words I want to hear to know my goby pal can stay and enjoy a new home. He is currently in a 55g tank with lots of LR and a sand substrate that is pretty dead looking... but he is happy and big... I also call him puff daddy as he come out to feed sometimes and rests on those purple flippers and is quite a site to see. most of the time he is hiding in the LR.
BTW I am originally from NY, Rockland County So is nice to hear from a fellow new yorker
cheers

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back