Blue Squamosa Clam - A Video Overview

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefBum
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefBum

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
627
Reaction score
1,120
Location
Warren, VT
What state or country do you live in
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A number of weeks ago I picked up a small Blue Squamosa clam, something I had been looking to do for years but had resisted due to their high price tag. Anway, I shot some video of it and included a brief primer on this gem of a clam.

 
Nice vid and clams!
 
Looking good keith! Do you feed them manually? i have tried a few maximas over a years but never had a good success :(
 
Looking good keith! Do you feed them manually? i have tried a few maximas over a years but never had a good success :(
Thanks everybody! Mike, no target feeding....I have never done so with my clams over the years.
 
Keith, you due for more tank pics:))) Hows tank doing?
 
Tank is doing great! I have to take some recent photos but you can get a good idea of how it is doing via my live webcam.

 
Tank is doing great! I have to take some recent photos but you can get a good idea of how it is doing via my live webcam.



Gorgeous man!
 
Thanks! It is still a very young tank but it is on the right track.
 
Where did you pick one up? I have been looking for a blue squamosa for a while.
 
Keith what metal halides are you running now.
I remember your old system was under radiums / was at your old house with a tank tour trip
What is the combination you are using now.
 
Keith what metal halides are you running now.
I remember your old system was under radiums / was at your old house with a tank tour trip
What is the combination you are using now.
That was a great tank tour.....I really enjoyed showing you guys my system!

Running the same lighting for the new tank I used on that old tank....400W Radiums driven on a HQI ballast with T5s.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new