OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the fish? I am interested in doing the same method to introduce a leopard as you.
She is still eating great and is almost fully adjusted to light schedule staying out all day...im looking into starting my prazi treatment which i was goin do over weekend but things were busy and she is lil skinny so gave her few extra days to try fatten her up some...i also try find out about prazi in the dt the bottle only lists as a bath which im guessing is same thing being says bath for 5-7 days...i think it helped all the tank mates get used to her as well havent had much aggression towards her at all only during feeding and she gets into bangai cardinal spot....thank you for asking though and i wish the best of luck to you...i cant remember his name but someone else on here that just ordered 3 females from LA also and they are doing good as well last time i checked

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always avidly wanted one of these but never pulled the trigger. The PraZipro according to humble fish only lasts in the water 3 days. The water change is to get rid of any in case some is left over. Here is the thread where i asked him. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/prazipro-and-what-to-do-after.228346/#post-2652747
i am wondering about dosage as well ...maybe starting with half what says for first round then doing full dose second round ...and is "the bath" what your supposed to dose its the only instructions on the lil bottle....anyways if i were you id do it and pick one or three up lol...were you going to order them or pick ip from a lfs?

Reeferdude56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am split about that. I know getting from a fish store is a safer bet, especially with the cold (it's 20 degrees in cincy). But unfortunately there isn't a reputable fish store around here that I would be willing to get such sensitive fish from. On the other hand I can see them eat which is much safer. I think I will get a pair as my budget from my parents (I am sixteen) limits me from buying 3 and shipping. Lastly if I were to get it online I am unsure who to buy it from. 4fordfamily knows what he is talking about and had gotten his from saltwater fish.com yet live aquaria gives me a fourteen day guarantee.

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am split about that. I know getting from a fish store is a safer bet, especially with the cold (it's 20 degrees in cincy). But unfortunately there isn't a reputable fish store around here that I would be willing to get such sensitive fish from. On the other hand I can see them eat which is much safer. I think I will get a pair as my budget from my parents (I am sixteen) limits me from buying 3 and shipping. Lastly if I were to get it online I am unsure who to buy it from. 4fordfamily knows what he is talking about and had gotten his from saltwater fish.com yet live aquaria gives me a fourteen day guarantee.
@4FordFamily if im not mistaken got his from petsolutions.com as stated earlier in this thread...they get from the same wholesaler that LA gets from except they offer free shipping on orders over $99 instead of $175 like LA...remember if order online n dont get free shipping if something were to happen with the fish they only refund cost of fish not shipping...also they know where there shipping too and include cold/hot packs depending in whats needed in shipping box....both those places offer 14day guarantee also i feel if get free shipping there no way can beat that guarantee they have no store will do that and it still may not make it even if eats in lfs...and most importantly i kick myself now for not doing my research as i would had a pair of leopards right now with free shipping if i had realized blue star are also called "vermiculate wrasse" and this is what they are under at petsolutions.com...if were me id try get pair with free shipping from petsolutions and cant go wrong there

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily if im not mistaken got his from petsolutions.com as stated earlier in this thread...they get from the same wholesaler that LA gets from except they offer free shipping on orders over $99 instead of $175 like LA...remember if order online n dont get free shipping if something were to happen with the fish they only refund cost of fish not shipping...also they know where there shipping too and include cold/hot packs depending in whats needed in shipping box....both those places offer 14day guarantee also i feel if get free shipping there no way can beat that guarantee they have no store will do that and it still may not make it even if eats in lfs...and most importantly i kick myself now for not doing my research as i would had a pair of leopards right now with free shipping if i had realized blue star are also called "vermiculate wrasse" and this is what they are under at petsolutions.com...if were me id try get pair with free shipping from petsolutions and cant go wrong there
This is correct. I buy most of my fish from NYAquatic, divers den, and petsolutions. I've tried a few other vendors as well, many of them are vendors on this forum. Pieces of the ocean, 3 to 5, etc are also great vendors. For these fish I recommend petsolutions

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well started prazi treatment lastnight. ..3.5 teaspoon into dt ....so far all fish are doing well and leopard is still eating well

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today going on 3 days with prazi treatment in the dt and so far everything and everyone in the tank is looking good ....she is still eating good as well few times a day on only frozen pe mysis /lrs reef frenzy mix ....i will do a water change this weekend of about 25 gal on my 75 and observe from there...im not sure if i should do a second round or not she doesn't show any signs of anything being wrong

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today going on 3 days with prazi treatment in the dt and so far everything and everyone in the tank is looking good ....she is still eating good as well few times a day on only frozen pe mysis /lrs reef frenzy mix ....i will do a water change this weekend of about 25 gal on my 75 and observe from there...im not sure if i should do a second round or not she doesn't show any signs of anything being wrong
Do the second dose of prazi, it kills the parasites, but not their eggs, a second dose takes care of them once hatched.

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the second dose of prazi, it kills the parasites, but not their eggs, a second dose takes care of them once hatched.
Ok so i will do 25gal water change this weekend. ..wait till next weekend and start treatment to give a break in between treatment periods??

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, don't give a break unless you see them refusing to eat.
So do i still need do water changeand then just straight to another dose...only problem with this being to is my skimmer will be off for almost two weeks if i do that

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do 25% water change. Your skimmer has been off for one week and will be off for another. The water change will remove some of the nutrient build up.

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update...Did my 20 gal water change over this past weekend sunday be exact..i started second dose of prazi treatment Tuesday and so far all is still good..she is out from @8:30am-9pm everyday and eating most everything i put in the tank

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back