Blue Stripped Cleaner Wrasse

  • Thread starter Thread starter b9ofus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

b9ofus

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody had a Blue stripped cleander wrasse? I got one as a present for fathers day and I think it killed a couple of my smaller fish. Anybody have any experience with this fish?
 
Has anybody had a Blue stripped cleander wrasse? I got one as a present for fathers day and I think it killed a couple of my smaller fish. Anybody have any experience with this fish?

I have one - never had any trouble with it - I have a couple helfrich's and picasso's that are smaller than it.
 
how long have you had it? everything i read says it won't last very long.
 
With them from what I have found is that they will not kill fish. They are only paracite and dead skin eaters. It is true that they do not normally last long. I know in a few of my larger systems I keep a few in them and they seem to survive it the system is large enough and have enough stock to keep them alive. But thats my opinion
 
I don't have a large system. 65 gal, a couple of clowns, a yellow tang, another wrasse and that's it for fish. The system is also failry new. Only been up 3 months.
 
if your lucky enough it may learn to eat pods but sorry to say but 80% usually dont make it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new