Blue tang lymphocystis

nemotang2019

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I have a blue tang that has a white diffuse dot on his body. No new fish in the last 6 weeks in this 1000 liter tank, and I’ve had this tang for a few months now from Biota. No water parameter issues, and nothing unusual behavior that I noticed. I just happened to see a white dot. It doesn’t look like Ich. Ich usually has a very clear defined border. This dot doesn’t. Difffused border. Hopefully lymphocystis? I’ll check again in a couple days to see if this dot is still there.
Thanks

IMG_5892.jpeg IMG_5891.jpeg IMG_5890.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi
I have a blue tang that has a white diffuse dot on his body. No new fish in the last 6 weeks in this 1000 liter tank, and I’ve had this tang for a few months now from Biota. No water parameter issues, and nothing unusual behavior that I noticed. I just happened to see a white dot. It doesn’t look like Ich. Ich usually has a very clear defined border. This dot doesn’t. Difffused border. Hopefully lymphocystis? I’ll check again in a couple days to see if this dot is still there.
Thanks

Hard to tell if just a grain of sand or nick type injury
If ich as you may be concerned if….. check again tomorrow as ich will multiply every 24hrs. If no change, should be one to keep an eye on it

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Thanks

You're talking about the spot behind its right eye? That isn't ich or Lymphocystis. Is there a corresponding mark on the fish's left side? Is so, it may be head and lateral line erosion. If the left side is clear, then my vote would be this is a scrape injury of some sort.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back