Blue Zoas From Africa

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone seen them yet?I saw that Extreme had a few colonies today and they only lasted like 5 min.

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
were u able to save pic from the site? it doesn't even seem listed anymore

OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
were u able to save pic from the site? it doesn't even seem listed anymore

No but I have some that was sent to me from a buddy.The ones that was on extreme was alot better looking.

image002.jpg

coralfarm123

INDMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw them too and thought they were pretty nice. These and the others they had listed as African zoanthids look like a Carribean species to me. Does anyone know where in Africa they are exporting corals?

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw them too, I was drooling. Hopefully there will be more coming in :)

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few years ago Corals and More was getting in awesome African Zoanthids. MOst were very "spikey" with very distinct slit mouth. I have no idea where they can export corals from. I know madagascar and all the reefs in and around it are closed. Maybe higher up by somalia in the indian ocean? probly dirty water there...

OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a call in to my buddy to see what part of Africa they come from.As soon as I find out I will let you guys know.

As for Extreme coral They are like any other site that names there zoas some of them are good names but others get confused with the ones on zoaid and can mislead people. I don't think they do it just to mislead people.I see some of the names that I use on my zoas show up on there site at times and they are nothing close to the same zoas that I named.They are just names in there eyes.JMO

mbunaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look carribean to me but they are nice. I doubt they are coming from Africa because there are no legal permits for corals. But then again Jap. Acans and Micros are making their way into the country.

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
extremecorals.com I think is that he's refering too...

I've heard good things about them. But I remember that they sold some "PPE's" that were anything but a year or so ago for an outragieous amount. LOTS of people from RC emailed them as soon as they put them on the site telling them that they weren't PPEs and that they were misleading people. He basically said, we'll call them what we want. Kind of turned me off from them.
Thank you sir!

OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see your point on a ppe!This is the way look at it. Like most of the members here if I see a name on a site that is not the same the ones on zoaid I think it is wrong. Not everyone uses zoaid to name there zoas and they do have the right to call them what they want once they buy them.I would not do it due to the fact that I know better.I don't think the emails would quit.:confused:Not everyone can be as different as RM.I love some of there names.

By all means I am not taking up for Extreme. They do get some cherry items but they come at a price.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those in the link don't look any different then the typical Caribbean alien eye....If you ask me they will probably be the same morph, I have seen the Caribbeans that look just like that also have a slight dark ring around the yellow mouth......

d.grcich

Fat bottom girls
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought alot from extreme and I will have to say they made good on a few rocks that were misrepresented with a "small partial refund". You can take this as good service or bad in the fact I got the rocks that were misrepresented in the first place. Keep in mind I have spent over a grand in the past month with them so they might not do the same for you. Allso I did notice now that they have become more popular their prices have been climbing something awful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well all my buddy said is that the LFS he got them from said that they was from Africa.

Here is a good ? Why would a rather large co like Extreme say that they was from there and not know that it was against the law to collect there?

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look carribean to me but they are nice. I doubt they are coming from Africa because there are no legal permits for corals. But then again Jap. Acans and Micros are making their way into the country.

just my $0.02.....they look Caribbean to me :).....there are few different types of really blue Caribbean zoas...i've personally seen at least 5 morphs (I own 3 at the moment).

here's one of my fav shots of my double blues

double_blue.jpg

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who says they would know? When you get stuff from collectors your assuming that they are doing it legally to begin with. At the same time you hoping that they(collectors and shippers) will be honest also.

OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are real nice I did not know you guys in Toronto, Canada could get cool zoas.:joker:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back