Blue Zoas From Africa

organism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these came from one of my suppliers, and they had a tank with literally like 4 square feet of these in there, arounds 90 or so colonies, they'll be all over the place soon

the only thing is, I decided not to pick any up because on most of the colonies the stems were completely rotted out, the tops looked fine, but the zoos were falling off of the colonies, so if you guys find any in your lfs or online, do make sure to check out the stems and see if they're brown and rotted out before making any decisions

organism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh, and these were going for about 1-3 per polyp wholesale, so watch that insane markup guys

OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the heads up my buddy said the lfs had more but they was not connected to a rock but more like a mat.

these came from one of my suppliers, and they had a tank with literally like 4 square feet of these in there, arounds 90 or so colonies, they'll be all over the place soon

the only thing is, I decided not to pick any up because on most of the colonies the stems were completely rotted out, the tops looked fine, but the zoos were falling off of the colonies, so if you guys find any in your lfs or online, do make sure to check out the stems and see if they're brown and rotted out before making any decisions

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did the ones from Extreme look like these?

12-01-06NewBlues.jpg

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I bet your right, They will be everywere EBAY included for some off the wall prices. I can see it now (RARE/ LE) tubbs baby blues :)

OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin most of the ones I saw was light blue or dark blue with yellowish centers.

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of "Blood Diamonds" from Africa..."Blood Zoos"!!!

Those blues are super hot looking though!

Marine Flora

marine planted tanks
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i saw the same thing also. i lifted up some of the colonies to smell for rot and alot of them didn't smell too good. they should be coming in again this upcoming week.

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are coming from Africa, where in Africa? I hope that they're not being illegally collected :(

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got 2 frags of 2 amazing zoas that are supposed to be African. I will post pics tomorrow (or is it tomorrow already?). We went on a LFS/home tour today. Covered 4 LFS & several homes to see folk's tanks. Too many colored sticks for me... anyway, I was sure to save some $$$ for the last LFS, as they always have the best zoas. Didn't get there till 7pm though & unfortunately they had a sale there today too. The owner sad he had a ton of those zoas & I luckly got the last frag. Generally, he was selling them for $15/polyp. I also got a sweet steel pink freckled PE too.

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here thay are (sorry for the bad pics):
AfricanBlues.jpg

These have a dark purple ring around a yellow mouth, surrounded by blue.

AfricanBlues2.jpg

These have a yellow ring around the yellow mouth, then it goes to green & then a purple ring, before the skirt. Stunning!

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Them first ones look just like Caribbean alien eyes......Not saying they ain't from Africa, but they do look like alien eyes.....Very nice both frags....

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck, I really don't care where they're from, as long as they're pretty. That's what the shop owner claimed them to be though. Been looking for Alien Eyes anyway... ;) Those 2nd ones are really nice--wish I could get a better shot.

The shop was selling those both for $15/polyp (maybe cause they're "African"?). I got the whole rock w/both morphs on it (12 polyps in total & at least 1/2 dozen babies) for $65! I'm a happy girl!

Last edited:

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya Puffer....They are nice....I wonder if they are from the westside of Africa? Then it could be that they have some of the same morphs as we do in the Caribbean and Atlantic.

raider77

True Fan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found those zoas on a site for $25 a polyp for the blue and yellow. And they have a green and yellow morph for $15 a polyp.

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm really lucky to get a great deal on these. Things are finally going my way! After always getting to someone's house & all the really cool stuff is gone or being saved for someone else--even if the seller posted they weren't saving anything...

Back