• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Blue Zoo Aquatics review

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Flytekk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have placed multiple live fish orders with bluezoo aquatics. First order i was shipped most of the fish i ordered but a pair of pink skunk clowns. I called and spoke with greg to ask why the skunks didnt arrive i was told they were in bad shape so they decided not to ship. I was not warned or notified of this decision. I asked Greg next time please atleast inform me i could have altered the order or haulted the order all together this way i dont have to QT twice.

A few weeks i ordered again and same thing. Fish arrived put no skunk clowns. I called and got greg again. He remembered me. Again he said the skunks were not in good shape. (THEN REMOVE THEM FROM YOUR INSTOCK LIST) I asked why was i not notified again. He apologized and we ended the call with an agreement that he will contact me when he could do something for me to get me these fish. I am till this day still waiting for this call.

All i wanted were these pink clowns but in order to get free shipping you have to buy more fish. So if this keeps happening ill keep buying fish in order to get 2 pink clowns that never truly arrive.

In one of these orders i received a sunburst anthias who on their page has a QUALITY LIVESTOCK GUARANTEE next to its profile. This fish arrived barely swimming and on its side. I acclimated and put him in where he would spend the rest of his days on his side. Never eat. He died a few days later. I tried calling Blue Zoo for days over a week and only got voicemail. No one ever returned my voicemail.

I then decided to email. I got a responce via email a few days later telling me i will receive a credit. After multiple days of waiting for credit i called and spoke to a gentlemen who denied me the credit i was offered over email. He tells me sunburst anthias are only guarenteed to arrive alive.

That stupid stamp they put next to the fishes name "QUALITY LIVE STOCK GUARANTEE" is misleading. He then arrogantly tells me dont you see the LARGE RED font on the bottom of the page saying restricted.

Visit the link below and you will see that the large red font isnt large at all, what is large is the quality live stock guarantee.

https://bluezooaquatics.com/productDetail.asp?did=1&pid=338&cid=10

So this means that blue zoo can send you a 80% dead fish but as long as hes still breathing your screwed. I asked him to please reconsider and help me out since i have spent alot of money with you guys over the last few weeks to which he answered.... let me check..... ah yes... youve only spent $500. Sorry cant help you.

Had they picked up their phone they would have been told of the dieing fish early on. To this i recieved an answer of doesnt matter, he arrived alive. Had they sent me my original 2 skunk clowns i would not have ordered extra fish to meet free fish treshold.

He then went as far as to say if a fish from LFS dies they wont give you your money back. This is inaccurate. Many LFS will refund or issue credit.

I recommend anyone buying online purchase from Liveaquaria. They refund no questions ask as they have 14 day guarantee FOR ALL THEIR FISH!!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
F

Flytekk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered many fish from them as noted above, all are fine. I also got the airline tube for acclimation and the food. ALso that blue chemical that helps with acclimation was very nice. Besides the dead royal gramma, and expensive swallowtail that cant swim horizontal and the dead sunburst anthias i too recieved mutiple fish that are doing fine.

But they is those fish they deem restricted. They have this quality livestock guarentee stamp large and up front and the restricted in small red font in the bottom. Live aquaria you can tell them the fish is doa or died 14 days later and its all the same full refund no questions asked. Blue zoo you get the run around for weeks then denied.

I will post my review in proper forum and will also contact credit card company i def have an email from them saying they woudl cover me. Thanks all!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
F

Flytekk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the loss from your recent order!

Thank you for submitting the photo(s). If you are storing the deceased in your freezer, you may discard it/them now.

I have opened a pending credit folder for you and should be processing your credit within the next 5-7 business days. Please note that credits are processed in the order they are received, so a slight delay may result. Notification will be sent via email and will contain the credit amount, coupon code and usage instructions. If you have questions about the guarantee, please click the following link or paste it into your browser http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/guarantee.asp

Note that credit expiration has been extended from 90 days to one year.

I will be your contact for the claim, so it will be best if you communicate with me directly. Sometimes I get a little behind due to the volume of emails I receive, but I will always get back to you as soon as I can. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to send them to me.

Thanks for your business and sorry again for the loss,

Information Services Representative

888-479-2583

[email protected]

www.bluezooaquatics.com

OP
OP
F

Flytekk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeap exactly, if they tell me they dont have a fish or is too unhealthy i would halt the order so they dont tell me, plus i dont believe they dont send these fish due to health because A) as we both know they send fish that are unhealthy and b) pink skunks are hard to find yet they have always have them "in stock" online for weeks maybe months, yet every time i order a pair within that time frame they are not shipped.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to remind everyone that Vendor Feedback threads are restricted to the person making the purchase and the vendor. If you have had a problem with the vendor you would like to share, you may create you own feedback thread and link it to this one. All other comments will/are being removed.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back