• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Blue Zoo mixed bag review

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Husker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 3 wrasses from Blue Zoo, an H. chrysus, C. lineatus, and C. exquisitus. The main point of the order was the H. chrysus, as I wanted an SPS pest picker. I decided to get the other two wrasses as I was planning on doing so later and adding them now would get to free shipping.

When the shipment arrived, there was a C. lineatus and C. exquisitus, but no H. chrysus. I emailed them asking about it, and a few days later they responded saying they were not healthy enough to ship. I placed my order a week before shipment, so it would have been very easy to notify of this issue prior to shipment. I suspect they didn't want me to cancel the entire order because the cheapest of the fish was unable to be shipped. Nevertheless, they eventually refunded the small price for the cheap fish.

The fish arrived looking reasonably healthy, and I appreciate they provide an entire kit for drip acclimation. I did the drip acclimation according to the instructions. After a couple days in the acclimation box, they were released into the main tank and all tankmates were peacefully interacting about a day later.

After a little over a week, the lineatus wrasse started exhibiting serious swim bladder issues, as indicated by upside down swimming and swimming in circles. I decided to contact them about this issues, as many suppliers give 14 days guarantees on livestock (even though Blue Zoo only gives a 7 day). The fish ended up dying a couple days later, as predicted by R2R experts. I sent a couple emails to them regarding the health and then the death of the fish, but never heard back. I understand there policy is for only 7 days of survival, so they are under no obligation to do anything about this fish's death. However, given that 7 day guarantee, and my experiences with poor communication regarding changes to the order and follow-ups on fish health, I will probably not use this company for future fish purchases.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back