Blueline and Panworld pumps the same?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Enderg60
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Enderg60

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2019
Messages
549
Reaction score
520
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking for a new 70HD and found one in stock for $405, BUT I also found a panworld 200ps for $280. These are the same pump right? I have blue line pumps now but thats a decent savings if its just a rebrand.
 
They look similar but Pan World Pumps Asia Pacific is a member of the Pan World Group, Japan which is a leading maker of magnetic drive pumps
 
Im aware its a different company. Can anyone verify if these are in fact the same pump? Or at least if the parts are interchangeable.
 
I am 99% sure the Blueline is just a rebranded Pan World. Blueline made a lot of aquarium gear and I doubt they actually manufactured any of it. Coral Life also sold rebranded Pan World back in the day.
 
Yes thats what I was thinking. I had red coral life pumps before I got the bluelines. They were identical just a different color. Both lasted me over 10 years.

I have 4 blueline pumps now, I need another one that is swappable with the rest so I can swap them around for cleaning. Just trying to decide if the $125 less is worth not getting "blueline"
 
Thanks, went ahead and ordered the panworld.
 
If anyone is wondering they are the same pump just has a different sticker on it.

The label stickers show a lower output(blue line 150w, panworld 180w), but the flow numbers and motor stamp plate is the exact same(180w). Looking at the impellers, same as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new