bluespotted jawfish jumped

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

My girlfriend, whos on reef2reef but doesn't want to post (shes afraid everyones gonna hate her, be mad/bash her), has a bluespotted jawfish (named DoDo) that she loves even though it can be a pain sometimes. It lives in a 40 all in one cube by aquatop and overall has been doing well, expect for this morning morning/afternoon. She moved the covering this morning to clean the sponge thats in the back of the tank and the fish jumped through the small opening and landed on the ground somewhat behind the tank. I was at work but im taking a guess the fish was out of water for about 5ish minute.

Dodo apparently has been sitting on the bottom of the tank, gills still moving, and moving itself but very lethargic about. She is going to send me a picture in the morning (hopefully it survives the night) but do you guys think it will make it or its a goner? and if you think it will make it anything that we can do to help improve its chances/speed recovery?

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s 5 minutes shall be fine. Jawfish wiggle through tiny spaces. I lost mine with a glass cover on ,but 1/4 inch gap. Heard more recently on this forum that jawfish survival is short on average in part due to a lower preferred temperature. Good luck!

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine, Had my Lil clown jump out and fall 5 feet, he was perfectly fine. Just stressed, Let DoDo rest and it should hopefully be better by tomorrow

OP
OP
Steven91

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to report with regret that it did not make it, my girlfriend is devastated by it's passing

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back