Bob's 60 Cube LPS tank

How old is the skimmer, and how long have you had it running on your system?
 
The skimmer is new I installed it 6 weeks ago. I made a platform 3 inches high out of egg crate.
 
#reefsquad may be able to help
 
can you adjust the air intake? do you use a ATO?
 
The recommended depth is 6.5"-9" if I'm not mistaken. I would think after 6 weeks of use the typical "break in" issues would have passed. As suggested above, is the water depth consistent? Have you tried adjusting the air intake? Have you tried different depths? Sounds like you haven't found that balance just yet, which can take some experimentation.
 
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I got it adjusted right. Now to work on my green hair alage problem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new