OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That term would be cooking rocks. I am boiling rocks. Actually. It was an experiment I tried and it worked. You can't give me **** if the experiment was successful. Still have clean water. Still have low PO4 (due to macroalgae). Still don't regret that something could have gone wrong.
If you are in the planted tank hobby as well, I'm sure have heard of curing driftwood, which is the same for curing rocks but you soak driftwood instead. However with driftwood, tannins leach out faster in boiling water, speeding up the process of curing the driftwood. I was simply wondering if you can do the same with dry rock. And you can tell that I was successful.
I feel like we reefers are scared to try new things because of that one incident that happened when we don't know the full story of. Of course there is common sense, but sometimes we have to try the unknown to learn.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life is all about evaluating risk vs reward. You assumed the risk was less than the reward and it seems to have worked very well. Nothing at all wrong with that. Does that mean this level of risk is acceptable to everyone? No. But, it also doesn't mean that it isn't acceptable to some people. The best we can do is evaluate the risk, evaluate the reward, and try to make an informed decision.

OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, I don't think many people truly evaluate to make decision. They (including me back then) just read whatever they can read and assume that it is right. Sure, many things people wrote are right, but I just proved many people wrong and saved SO much time. I can't imagine if I had done it their way. But I get your point.

Back