Bolt cutters for ceramic frag plug cutting

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2022
Messages
1,275
Reaction score
784
Location
Loves Park
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering, if I could just use bolt cutters to get the stem off of a frag plug.

I have a couple that the disc portion is all encrusted over, and would like to just cut the stem.

They feel like ceramic, like the same material as an impeller shaft, but it might be a hard plastic, I am not sure.
 
Definitely would work, but wont cut it flush to the bottom of the plug. The angle of the blade will leave at least 3/16ths of it. If thats no biggie, go for it. Or hit it and grind the rest with a dremel or similar.
 
Definitely would work, but wont cut it flush to the bottom of the plug. The angle of the blade will leave at least 3/16ths of it. If thats no biggie, go for it. Or hit it and grind the rest with a dremel or similar.
This. I use a Dremel with a masonry wheel or these:

Screenshot_20231022-204732.png


Been through a few of them (variations there of). Cheap enough to toss after a year of so of heavy use.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new