Bone naso tang

nemotang2019

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got him five days ago and set up a 75 gal tank for him and other tangs. Everyone has been doing great, but I just found the blone naso tang restless. When I nudged him, he swam spinning. See attached pic and video. I looked up what could be causing tjis, and maybe it’s cyanide use? Anything I can do at this point? IMG_2791.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2792.mov
    4.8 MB
  • IMG_2789.mov
    19.2 MB
  • IMG_2790.mov
    29.9 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just got him five days ago and set up a 75 gal tank for him and other tangs. Everyone has been doing great, but I just found the blone naso tang restless. When I nudged him, he swam spinning. See attached pic and video. I looked up what could be causing tjis, and maybe it’s cyanide use? Anything I can do at this point? IMG_2791.jpeg
Cyanide use - Maybe. You should have never bought this fish this thin with spinal line showing as its a sign of not eating or barely. For over a year, this has been a trend. An influx of these fish are coming from Sri Lanka and it is suspected that a method of capture is contributing to this trend in which the fish appears healthy the first few days and then weakens quickly with loss of appetite and strength and as you found laying on its side, thin body and breathing heavy until death. It may be due to cyanide capture but unconfirmed.
Sorry to hear of this and being the bearer of bad news. Often in this state of health , recovery is very low as they are moribund and adding air stone may or may not help, but there is no additive that can be recommended for this

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. I added that species to my “animals to avoid” list due to poor health seen is these recently.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back