Bonsai, other A. valida, or..?

looselyhuman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. See pic. I had this in my old reef in 2016. I am not sure where I picked it up.

I don't remember buying either a Bonsai or tricolor valida, but my memory is not great.

For awhile I had it in my head that it was a tenuis from reefgardener, but I was probably smoking something when I made that link.

Anyway, I want one again. I love the super light coloration, which behind the green polyps almost looks lime-colored.

This was grown/taken under T5/LED hybrid.

Thanks!

20160615_150610.jpg

OP
OP
L

looselyhuman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks identical to my BC Secale.
Wow yeah. I'm pretty certain I've never heard of it (I'm not big on names obviously) but it could easily be. Close enough for me to add it to my wishlist. Thank you!
I don't believe that to be a tri-color valida
Yeah I mean I know that's why I asked. ;) Edit I guess I didn't actually say in my message that others (local reef shop) have thought it was a bonsai or tricolor. Sorry. Thanks for the input!

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow yeah. I'm pretty certain I've never heard of it (I'm not big on names obviously) but it could easily be. Close enough for me to add it to my wishlist. Thank you!

Yeah I mean I know that's why I asked. ;) Edit I guess I didn't actually say in my message that others (local reef shop) have thought it was a bonsai or tricolor. Sorry. Thanks for the input!
Yeah, "reef shop thinks everything with purple and green is a Garf Bonsai or Valida" is a pretty common problem. IDs are hard, especially when flow/light/etc can change growth forms.

sculpin01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Valida, nana, and secale are very difficult to distinguish in reef tanks in my opinion. But unless you’re spawning them, it probably doesn’t matter.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back