Borbonius Anthias...

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
15,680
Reaction score
304
Location
The "D"
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
who has them and what's your experience on them? who has a harem/mini harem? how do you tell which one is male/female? I know I know, I need to read more, but I figure I'd ask you guys as well... ;)

Thanks...
 
I have only heard of people keeping one. They are pretty hardy as well.
 
Oh they are not schooling anthias so people usually keep one as they get aggressive towards each other i think. They are cool fish though. Don't know how to tell male and female apart. But when i look at the sunburst (aka fathead) anthias they look similar to the borbonius to me? What do you guys think?
 
I have 2 together and they get along fine, as a matter of fact , they always hang together. Great fish and definately always the first thing people want to know about.
 
I had one for about 4 months and it was a cool fish once it got acclimated to the tank an lighting which took about a week or so. It ended up dying due to an infection, it's eye was swollen kept eating but never recoverd. Would like to add another one at some point.
 
I also have 2 on my tank.. they are great looking fish
 
I like the look of one in the tank.

I have thought about getting 3 fatheads though.
 
I've 4 of them in my display for quite some time now. I got them about a month after they started coming in. 3 of them get along fine, one gets punked. However, they all are healthy.
 
you guys that have mulitples in your tank. What sz tanks do u have them in?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new