Bostave’s mini reef tank

Bostave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
My original plan was to set up my cade hlp1500 after 4 years in storage. So I bought all the gear and about to start and then we decided to build our own house, leaving the project on pause. In the meantime, I have started to build a mini reef with a cade pr400 tank. Most of the equipment are ones that came with the tank and I will upgrade as this as the tank matures. I had to break some of the Caribsea rocks to make smaller rock for this tank. Tank was filled with asw using ro water and Aquaforest reef salt. Tank seeded with seachem stability and pristine. At present, the tank is at day 5 of cycling. Thinking of either misbar clowns or pink streak wrasse for fish and anemone and euphyllia for coral, snails for cuc.

3D706862-ED6C-4067-A942-393E81043A29.jpeg

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to look that tank up to see how big it actually is, photos are deceiving. Cool little thing. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

OP
OP
B

Bostave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These tanks are pretty popular here in Australia.
Had to look that tank up to see how big it actually is, photos are deceiving. Cool little thing. Can't wait to see what you do with it!
These tanks are popular here in Australia.

OP
OP
B

Bostave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id recommend 1 or 2 springer dottybacks for the tank! and maybe make the scape a bit taller?
Thanks, I am considering all nano fish but it will eventually be decided on what is available after the cycle and keen on non aggressive ones. I want to make it taller but with a total volume of 64 litres, I want to have some free swim zone for the fish. I might add some taller rock work on the left to partial cover the bottom overflow to prevent anemones getting in.

OP
OP
B

Bostave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this coralline algae? The tank has been cycling for almost four weeks.

Attachments

• EDC48C0C-2DEC-4515-B3CB-6BD9C8AFF7D5.jpeg
    EDC48C0C-2DEC-4515-B3CB-6BD9C8AFF7D5.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 35

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back