Bought 5 green chromis. You know how this ends.

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always liked them. Decided buying 5 small ones to put into a 90 would be a good idea and they would school.

They had been on a 2 hour drive so probably a little stressed. Acclimated them. Put into tank and the next morning I’m down to 4. Same day one was breathing really heavy and not eating. Basically caught it by hand. So down to 3.

One of the 3 is a bully and biting at the fins of the other two. You’d think they have enough space to stay out of each other’s way now.

My tomini, clowns and Fridmani all did well when introduced and co-exist in harmony.

I’m tempted to just remove the remaining 3 chromis and call it a failed experiment or would you just wait it out?

phillybean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say you are committed now, sucks to hear you lost two already. Hopefully they work out the aggression. Seems like most people end up with either 2 or 3 long term.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Because they are susceptible to uronema, I generally acclimate them in a bucket and give them a 60 minute ruby rally pro bath. Quick cure also acceptable

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are killing each other off, leave them.
If you suspect disease, remove them and watch others carefully and be ready to treat. Sometimes it’s hard to tell.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back