Bought an anemone off ebay, it doesn't look well

subtera745

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought an anemone off of ebay for my girlfriend (She has an established, mature tank) for valentines day. The seller had a decent rating, however we have now received it, and it is in really rough shape. The foot seems to be disintegrating, it's all white (a symptom of potential death incoming for the little guy I believe), and his mouth is very wide open, open as if to expell his stomach as a sick anemone may do. Do you folks think there's any way to save this guy?
20190225_153128.jpg 20190225_153107.jpg

OP
OP
S

subtera745

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't messaged him yet, after purchasing I decided to look at his reviews to see why he was a 92% instead of 100% and it turns out he can be fairly hostile. He accused someone of killing an axolotl (that arrived dead), just to get a refund. I'll try turning him over and putting a little rock in there with the anemone

EDIT: I also, wanted to get the opinions of you folks before I messaged the seller. A kind of community consensus if you will. Granted I will not be mentioning that or this post when I contact the seller

Ubergroover

Engineer by day, Musician/golfer/reefer by night
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when they stress they can expel all their Zooxanthellae. You will see some stores sell them, they are all white.. you have a tough road on this guy. Some people have saved them. I tried once but was not lucky. Look up white bubble tip on this site and you may get better info. I can be done though....

ShaunRobinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It smells extremely bad. I took a video recording of the opening of the box and the bag, and I gagged pretty hard at the smell

Then I’m afraid it’s finished mate sorry to say.:( For future reference if buying online always take photos of it before you remove it from the bag and directly afterwards. Then at least you have some documentation. Still maybe worth getting it in some clean water but it doesn’t look good.

OP
OP
S

subtera745

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then I’m afraid it’s finished mate sorry to say.:( For future reference if buying online always take photos of it before you remove it from the bag and directly afterwards. Then at least you have some documentation.
That's why I like video, you can pause the video and get a still image. I appreciate everyone's input on this thread

OP
OP
S

subtera745

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it’s a goner was it shipped with heat packs? How long was the transit? Do you have pictures of what he said he was shipping you? eBay and PayPal will help recoup your money
It was shipped with a small heat pack, it was supposed to arrive on saturday, but I was keeping track of the package and it appeared that usps lost it for a day. So, it was approximately five days being shipped. The seller thankfully understands and is willing to refund/ebay money back guarantee type the anemone. So, I Hopefully will be getting my money back. Still though, always sad when a little guy passes.

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it turned out good, assuming you get the refund. Sorry for the loss of the little guy.

ShaunRobinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was shipped with a small heat pack, it was supposed to arrive on saturday, but I was keeping track of the package and it appeared that usps lost it for a day. So, it was approximately five days being shipped. The seller thankfully understands and is willing to refund/ebay money back guarantee type the anemone. So, I Hopefully will be getting my money back. Still though, always sad when a little guy passes.
5 days shipping gives it virtually no chance. Not surprised it was in such a bad state. Glad the seller is being helpful and hopefully you will get a full refund. Obviously sad that it didn’t make it though...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back