Bought some wrasses need your help for IDs

  • Thread starter Thread starter lomi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lomi

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2019
Messages
29
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought 4 wrasses that needs to be identified.

Two flasher wrasse and two fairy wrasse, I believed.

Here are the photos:

6B0FB870-D4A5-4414-ACE6-17B4F21AA990.jpeg EFA61341-3D31-4230-AB62-796B12CBE49A.jpeg BF94FD20-D908-4AF6-A49A-F7A36399A39A.jpeg
 
I’m going to tag @evolved or @eatbreakfast to double check me here, but I think:

Picture 1- Cirrhilabrus rubripinnis
Picture 2- Cirrhilabrus rubrimarginatus
Picture 3- Cirrhilabrus rubeus
Paracheilinus carpenteri
 
Yey. Thanks for the ids. But i think the wrasse on the first pic is a flasher. I could be wrong though. Heres another pic

2612AD9A-B2AE-41C2-A9EA-1697CCD9AB0B.jpeg
 
I hope you knew How to care for them before you bought. Nice fish by the way.
 
Thank you for the concern. I’m giving them mysis shrimps and AF plankton elixir every other day and have food pellets on automatic feeder each morning and noon everyday. Plus I put nori on veggie clips replaced everyday. My only concern is the pencil multicolor wrasse bec. I’ve read they do not last long on captivity even when eating foods prepared for them. Sigh. But all wrasse are eating already including the leopard wrasse. So happy.
 
Here is another pic from another angle. You can see some filaments on the dorsal fin. Sorry i could not get a better picture of the fish. The whole body and face of the wrasse doesnt have a pattern like those you see on carpenters or mccosker.
33A6F04A-1C11-4649-8468-D6CE1FBE6EE7.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new