Bounce Birdsnest?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tbrown
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tbrown

Cronies #3?? Heathens' Coffee Snob???
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2019
Messages
83,461
Reaction score
229,899
Location
Peoria, AZ
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I've seen plenty of bounce mushrooms - even had a Rhodactis bounce once. I have seen bounce Chalices and I have a Christmas Favia that has bounced.

What about SPS??? Is this a Bounce Birdsnest?

IMG_20250109_201458184~2.jpg


I've had a couple SPS recently that appeared to be "dripping" at the growth edges and growth tips but recently my Birdsnest drips have started turning into bubbles like a bounce.

At first I attributed the drips to potentially low calcium and magnesium with high alkalinity and phosphates. Since bringing the calcium and magnesium back into range these drips have started ballooning. Weird but kinda neat ?
 
So I've seen plenty of bounce mushrooms - even had a Rhodactis bounce once. I have seen bounce Chalices and I have a Christmas Favia that has bounced.

What about SPS??? Is this a Bounce Birdsnest?

IMG_20250109_201458184~2.jpg


I've had a couple SPS recently that appeared to be "dripping" at the growth edges and growth tips but recently my Birdsnest drips have started turning into bubbles like a bounce.

At first I attributed the drips to potentially low calcium and magnesium with high alkalinity and phosphates. Since bringing the calcium and magnesium back into range these drips have started ballooning. Weird but kinda neat ?
I’ve heard people talking about this before but no definitive answers but could be caused by a bacterial infection.
 
I've seen this in euphyllia and I think it's due to high nutrients. At least for me it probably was.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new