Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just don't let the secret out lol.
But yeah on a real note i feel like the wholesalers have been collecting and hoarding the good stuff all along. Super nice old aquaculture genes. As well as bringing the new. My one lfs has rocks full of raunchy reds, biohazard, uranium, plutonium, super man yumas. All kinds of stuff. They don't know the names or care to list them with names. Most are on 50-75-100 dollar racks. Rocks full of shrooms sometimes lol
Those are the deals right there and similar to my LFS. I dont think a lot of locals like him cause his coral tanks regularly have a ton of Aiptasia (which is why I have my coral quarantine). But his prices are generally negotiable and he’ll usually pull a price out of thin air that he thinks it’s worth (some times it’s a great deal other times it’s hard not to laugh at him).

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright…so fragged a nuclear shock off…no issues besides a po’d mushroom

Fragged a baby solar eclipse off…tore the foot of one the adults. After that I stopped and I’m hoping the adult doesn’t die. It should be okay, based on what I read but we shall see. I decided not to tear it all the way through so it’s just the foot.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foot boogers love to turn into miniature shrooms. Its how they mostly naturally propagate. Consider you just kinda helped a few along.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using the smallest and as sharp of a chisel as I had. I didn’t cut it with the chisel, where the rock broke was under the foot and I wasn’t paying attention and it started to tear as I chiseled start the rock

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright…no pics but positive update. The baby I fragged is doing great. The mushroom that tore is splitting the rest of the way. It looks like it’ll end up being at least 2 mushrooms. They’re doing great though

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back