OP
BravoTwoZero

BravoTwoZero

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's right, so it will be almost completely closed. (Just a side note, having air in the line would actually help dampen the oscillations as air is compressible vs. water which is not [for all intents and purposes here], much like how air gaps are used to dampen water hammer in household plumbing.)
Reefer, Thanks for the info re needle valve. I tried with a flow restricter inner (no idea what rating it is) but it cut down the bounce from 3-9 to 4-6. So if I can close it down a bit more I my get a steady needle.

OP
OP
BravoTwoZero

BravoTwoZero

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news I have got the gauge to work. I took the insides of a flow restrictor and put it in the ro tube leading to the gauge and then uses a tap to reduce the flow even more. Reads correct tap pressure 2 Bar and reads with a steady 6 Bar on the exit of the pump, no need for a needle valve. Needed to add a support as the gauge would rotate down, think I made a decent job of it. All is good in the world.
Thanks for the info Reefer just added a bit to it.

Attachments

• 1.jJPG.jpg
    1.jJPG.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 5

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news I have got the gauge to work. I took the insides of a flow restrictor and put it in the ro tube leading to the gauge and then uses a tap to reduce the flow even more. Reads correct tap pressure 2 Bar and reads with a steady 6 Bar on the exit of the pump, no need for a needle valve. Needed to add a support as the gauge would rotate down, think I made a decent job of it. All is good in the world.
Thanks for the info Reefer just added a bit to it.
Same basic idea. Glad it worked out for you.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back