Bouncing Pressure gauge.

That's right, so it will be almost completely closed. (Just a side note, having air in the line would actually help dampen the oscillations as air is compressible vs. water which is not [for all intents and purposes here], much like how air gaps are used to dampen water hammer in household plumbing.)
Reefer, Thanks for the info re needle valve. I tried with a flow restricter inner (no idea what rating it is) but it cut down the bounce from 3-9 to 4-6. So if I can close it down a bit more I my get a steady needle.
 
Great news I have got the gauge to work. I took the insides of a flow restrictor and put it in the ro tube leading to the gauge and then uses a tap to reduce the flow even more. Reads correct tap pressure 2 Bar and reads with a steady 6 Bar on the exit of the pump, no need for a needle valve. Needed to add a support as the gauge would rotate down, think I made a decent job of it. All is good in the world.
Thanks for the info Reefer just added a bit to it.
 

Attachments

  • 1.jJPG.jpg
    1.jJPG.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 62
Great news I have got the gauge to work. I took the insides of a flow restrictor and put it in the ro tube leading to the gauge and then uses a tap to reduce the flow even more. Reads correct tap pressure 2 Bar and reads with a steady 6 Bar on the exit of the pump, no need for a needle valve. Needed to add a support as the gauge would rotate down, think I made a decent job of it. All is good in the world.
Thanks for the info Reefer just added a bit to it.
Same basic idea. Glad it worked out for you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new