Bouncing shroom??

Angie B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got this rhodactis mushroom that looks to me like it might be bouncing but it's hard to tell. Picture isn't great because of the blues, but it's the best pic I could get. I love this mushroom though, it gets huge!

IMG_1995.jpg

OP
OP
Angie B

Angie B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If just a regular rhodactis bounces, is it worth much?

OP
OP
Angie B

Angie B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, I had no idea. I'd have to think long and hard about selling it, I love it. I had it under a kessil in my smaller tank and I think that's what helped bounce it.

OP
OP
Angie B

Angie B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had it for 4-5 months, how long do they take before they have babies? I've got a couple newer mushrooms that are already having babies. I have a candy crush sprouting and 1 or 2 supermans starting. I love mushrooms. lol

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had it for 4-5 months, how long do they take before they have babies? I've got a couple newer mushrooms that are already having babies. I have a candy crush sprouting and 1 or 2 supermans starting. I love mushrooms. lol
Really depends on the shroom, I had some that start dropping babies after 1 week of being in my tank, and some that have taken 2 years.

andy020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It looks happy..
I’m still experimenting with my bounce mushrooms..
My ReefKoi started reproducing right away, my new lady Dragon is still mad about being in a new tank a week later.. Lady Dragon babies are in low light and still mad as well.

My baby Golden Dragon has doubled in size in a month, and bounced some massive bubbles,

My wild fire looks like it “may” bounce..

All this, and my opinion is “they will do whatever the hell they want to”.

andy020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, that is a beautiful mushroom, and I can tell from the pics alone that it has fully bounced, and beautifully formed.. the lighting is right. IMO. I would maybe think about “spot feeding” “reef roids”..

I am hearing good things about results

I currently feed aminos daily, scrub the glass and stir the sand bed daily with no filters in...
I also feed Marine Snow twice weekly with no filters in.
I only run carbon.. it was a low dollar mushroom producing tank..

So I cleared the coral and started a Bounce tank..

OP
OP
Angie B

Angie B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one developed beautifully. When I bought it the size was about a quarter and I put it in an 8g nano with a kessil light. Within 3 weeks it looked like this. Transferred everything to a 32g biocube a couple months ago and it has stayed big and gorgeous. Would love for it to reproduce. We are thinking of setting up a small frag tank mainly for mushrooms since we have some in our 125g that are sprouting babies like crazy and now I have some Superman disco babies and a new candy crush baby that has sprouted.

OP
OP
Angie B

Angie B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple new pics before the blues really come on strong.
37549c40f880301787bab625001cd178.jpg
fe5595d3f2003f69d0e8fa2912f99571.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back